• This is a new strategic business venture operating under Elpitiya Plantations PLC, objective of setting up the project is to give the first-time experience to locals with four berries and moving forward to the international market also in bigger vision. • Our first investment of Horticulture business in 2018 for 04 types of berries under R&D Project namely Strawberry, Raspberry, Blackberry and Blueberry. We started the research and development works at New Peacock estate and the other at Dunsinane Estate. • We are working with international consultant for the project since the R&D phase. High Quality Planting materials are imported from USA. • Started the commercialization of the project in 2020 with Strawberries under the protected structure where the precision agriculture concepts are introduced such as precise drip irrigation system with accurate nutrient delivery mechanism etc. • Other berries mostly are in the open field with the precision agriculture concepts. • We are into sustainable farming of the all the berries • Currently Strawberries & limited qty of RB (in fresh form) are available in the supermarket channels, Blackberry & Blueberry product about to come in fresh form. Products such as Jam, Juice, Puree etc are available in value added form too. • We have all four berries (Strawberries, Raspberries, Blackberries and Blueberries) first time in Sri Lanka, Planning for the cultivation of 26Ha altogether at Dunsiane & New Peacock Estates.
• Ture Ceylon cinnamon is manufactured in some of our low country estates and the cinnamon quills are handpicked and refined mainly as a condiment in these parts of the world. It is believed that the tropical climatic conditions and the soil setting of the southern Sri Lankan belt have directly resulted in the superior quality of the Cinnamon produced by us. • Currently we have cultivated conventional Cinnamon in around 100 Hectares of our own estate lands and our plan is to extend this to 200 Hectares very soon. We have also put up a processing facility in Divitura, which is one of our estates in the Low Grown area. Sourcing Cinnamon from our own plantations has given us a big advantage by way of having direct control over the quality, freshness, availability and price. Having our own processing facility along with our competent logistic arm has helped us to deliver on-schedule using the most economical means. Adding further value is the innovative range of products and dependable customer service, all conveniently available under one roof. • In addition to the 100 hectares of Conventional Cinnamon, we have extended our Cinnamon to a contracted group of 41 farmers who has cultivated around 657 acres (266 hectares) of Organic Cinnamon. Elpitiya Plantations has obtained the Organic certificates; EU, NOP & JAS from Control Union for this contracted farmer group, thus making us the holder of the 2nd largest Organic Cinnamon extent in Sri Lanka, which is a remarkable feat. The main benefit we can offer our buyers is the capability to supply a large quantity of Organic Ceylon Cinnamon from a single and trusted source, providing convenience in sourcing and logistics.
This is a joint venture of Agalawatta Plantations, Elpitiya Plantations & Namunukula Plantations. The project was set up to process the palm fruits grown in their estates and to extract crude palm oil. The factory located at Mohamaddi Estate, Baduraliya, which has the processing capacity of 20,000 fresh fruits bunches per hour. This is a BOI approved project and the produce is exported to India. The mill was commissioned in January 2007. AEN is also a member of RSPO (Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil).
• Elpitiya Plantations PLC into developing the Adventure Park Project at one of the Estate at Divithura, Kurudugahahetekma. • Total Land Extent of the project is 83 Acres • Investment of the project USD 4Million at Phase I • Project is developed with international partner, they are well experienced team in building adventure park all around the world • The concept, Adventure Theme Park is to develop that contain a wide variety of out bound activities to relax and enjoy the time effectively. • Project will be developed in 3 phases with different attraction in each phase
• Elpitiya Plantation PLC enters to the renewable business in 2006 started with developing hydropower projects. Subsequently move to the installation of the Roof top solar power projects aiming to strength the company renewable energy goal. • Currently total hydro power capacity of 1,610 kW and they generate annually 5,000,000 kWh. • Currently total Solar Power Capacity of 2.5MW and the generated annual approximate energy 3.3GWh
• Value added products /New Product developments is key area in Elpitiya growth strategy • Our aim is to bring the fresh and healthy products in value added form • Raw Material are sourced for the value-added product from our farms and identified out grower farmers under strict quality control measures. • Currently we have three brands under Elpitiya, they are Berrymuch where all berry related products are coming under this, Tropifruit all other fruit in value added form goes under this, Harrow Ceylon Choice is the other brand where all the tea related products, & few authentic products are marketed.
“Life @ Dunsinane” is possessed of estates’ lands in the Pundaluoya valley in Sri Lanka, which comprised with o4 estates namely Dunsinane, Fernlands, Sheen and Meddecombra. Apart to this, EPP has two more estates in Pussellawa region, namely New Peacock and Nayapane. Developing Dunsinane and it’s surrounding areas and estates (environment) as a unique destination for investment and development, in a sustainable manner that will not disturb the current business but bring larger benefits to EPP. Our aim in wellness tourism is to give a unique experience under different climatic condition including physical fitness, sports, healthy diet and weight management, relaxation, stress relief, spiritual tourism, etc.